Our Complete List of Courses, Faculty, Course Descriptions and Outlines
Think of this as our course catalog!
10. Our Faculty and Consultants
There is no more important component in learning than that of the teacher.
We have assembled an awesome group of industry and learning experts to teach our courses.
Below is a brief list of those experts in no particular order.
- Has over 20 years experience in data and telecommunications engineering, network implementation and management, and product development of ATM/Frame Relay switching, access products, transmission systems and network management products.
- Faculty Member and author, educating telecommunications professionals in emerging packet/cell-based protocols and technologies.
- Has authored many hands-on instructor led courses on a variety of subjects including MPLS, MPLS L3 and L2 VPN's, and IP over Optical Networks, Ethernet, IP and IP Addressing, and many more.
- Member of the National Association of Communications Systems Engineers.
- Led an engineering team through development and customer acceptance of one of the first production ISDN capable CDMA wireless local loop systems, based in Europe as an expatriate.
- Led engineering efforts for an international FITL system utilizing V5.1/V5.2 digital concentration techniques.
- A team leader for engineering design of a very large SONET/SDH broadband cross-connect system utilizing latest ASIC and optical technologies.
- Has developed courses for the first VSAT satellite systems deployed in North America and instructed field operations staff for a nationwide service group.
- Has five issued patents and one pending in telecommunications architectures and methodologies.
- Directed all Field Service, Customer Service, and Network Operations activities for the North American Western Region of a major news and information provider.
- Developed and implemented industry leading packet technologies, strategies and other technical implementations for private CATV Broadband network in downtown San Francisco.
Dr. Vishal Sharma
Dr. Vishal Sharma (Senior Member, IEEE and Fellow, IETE) is an international technologist and entrepreneur with 20+ years of experience in networking and telecom technologies, having lead research, industry, labs, and academia, and having coordinated globally diverse expert teams. He has consulted to clients on four continents – North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, and has lived and worked in the United States (on the East and West coasts) and India. Dr. Sharma has 12 issued US patents, 10 IETF RFCs, 4 IEEE Communications Magazine special issues, 2 book chapters, and over 70 scientific publications to his credit. He has considerable standards participation experience & a solid understanding of standards processes.
Dr. Sharma has also been an Associate Professor (3 years) of Electrical Engineering, having taught six courses in areas as diverse as electronics, digital circuits, and electronics labs. to telematics and advanced data networks some to class-sizes exceeding 100 students, has graduated eight students, has guided 25+ seminars and graduate course research projects, and participated in the evaluation of over two-dozen other theses and seminars.
In addition, Dr. Sharma is frequently an invited speaker/keynote speaker, session chair, panel moderator, & panelist at leading industry conferences, and has delivered 145+ workshops, talks, seminars, panels, and webinars, in the US, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
He is Moderator and Group Manager of the flagship Carrier Ethernet LinkedIn Group, focused on discussions of modern packet networking architectures, technologies, trends, and strategy, which has 10,500+ members from 140+ nations, and 3128+ companies worldwide, representing a microcosm of the global telecommunications eco-system.
His clients have included (among others): Fujitsu, Tellabs, Cariden/Cisco, Mahi Networks, France Telecom, Covad, ETSA/Silk Telecom (Australia), CTS Telecom, Xilinx, Cypress, Wipro, Infosys, and a number of the AM100 law firms on both the East and West coasts of the United States.
Dr. Sharma has experience in patent analysis and evaluation for investment houses, companies, and patent attorneys in a variety of circumstances – portfolio acquisition and expansion, licensing, portfolio value assessment, patent strategy, and patent litigation. His work has included: prior-art research in complex technology patents, claims review/de-construction, claim chart dissection, claim chart construction.
Dr. Sharma has performed infringement analysis, evidence-of-use investigations, technology analysis and violation, and worked on scrutinizing validity. A major contribution of his work has been enabling complex telecommunications & data networking patents (in his areas of expertise) to be succinctly and easily understood by legal and investment experts.
- Packet and optical system architectures
- Network architectures - for packet, optical and data-center networks
- Protocol design - routing, sigaling, flow-control, and commuciation protoocols for wireline/wireless networks
- System analysis and optimization
- Software prototyping
- Network planning and algorithms
- Wireless backhaul
- Wireless broadband - 4G, LTE, 5G
- Packet-core networks - L2 and L3 VPNs, EVPNs, Mobile network Evolved Packet Core (EPC)
- Cloud-based & virtualized networks
- Software-defined networks (SDN), and network functions virtualization (NFV)
- Intellectual asset management